Tahoe Dream Foundation
To Donate go to our Donate page on this website or Send Donations to: PO Box 8588 South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158
Donations and/or Any Questions Call: (530)307-9602 / (775)815-4533 / (530)318-3586
TAHOE DREAM FOUNDATION
A non-profit organization in South Lake Tahoe, California that supports our local Child Care Centers and provides clothing, shoes, school supplies, and some household items and furnishings to children and families in need. Tahoe Dream Foundation was founded on March 2, 2012. Donations are greatly appreciated and are accepted on our Donate page on this website or please call any of the phone numbers listed above to make a cash donation, to donate any clothing, shoes, school supplies, or other items, to find out how to receive items from Tahoe Dream Foundation for those that need clothing, shoes, school supplies, household items, and furnishings, to find out more information about Tahoe Dream Foundation and our programs, to sign up for funding from Tahoe Dream Foundation, or to find out which Day Cares and Preschools are currently receiving funding from Tahoe Dream Foundation.
Every year right before the new school year starts Tahoe Dream Foundation will be giving out children’s clothing, shoes, and school supplies to as many children in need as possible, that have been nominated by a teacher, a parent, or any other member of the community that knows of a child in need of these for the new school year. Then a week before school starts at the end of August, Tahoe Dream Foundation will choose the children that need clothes, shoes, and school supplies the most out of those who have signed up to receive these items from us and then we will be personally handing these children a backpack full of school supplies and a voucher to fill out with their clothing and shoe size. Once they have filled out the voucher they can set up an appointment to choose their outfits and shoes themselves which will be put together by Tahoe Dream Foundation for them to view and try on, which can be delivered to them at their home or any place the parents would like to set up the appointment to receive clothes and shoes for their child. Also, the parents and siblings of the child chosen to receive clothing and shoes, if wanted can also give us their clothing and shoe sizes as well if they would like to and they can also receive a couple outfits and a pair of shoes also. We will also continue to provide children and families in need in our community year round with clothing and shoes for those that put in a request with Tahoe Dream Foundation or have been referred to us by another agency.
Programs and Goals for 2013
- Provide funding for supplies, learning materials, and new equipment to our local Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers that have signed up for this program or we will provide supplies, equipment, toys, books, learning materials, and more to the Child Care Centers when possible as requested by those signed up with our program. We are currently receiving new requests to receive funding from Tahoe Dream Foundation. Please contact Amie Brown by e-mail at Amie_brown@tahoedreamfoundation.org or call at (530)307-9602 or contact Brenda Sanchez by e-mail at email@example.com or call her at (530)318-3586 to find out more about this program.
- Provide clothing, shoes, and school supplies each year to children and families in need in our community, right before the new school year begins, to those who have requested or been referred to us. We will provide as many as we possibly can depending on how much we have to give out.
- Provide clothing and shoes to children and families in need in our community throughout the year that request these items or that have been referred by another agency. Each person or family will be allowed to request items needed once or twice a year depending on what we have available to be given out.
- Provide some household items and furnishings to children and families in need in our community when possible. Contact Amie Brown by e-mail at Amie_brown@tahoedreamfoundation.org or call her at (530)307-9602 or contact Brenda Sanchez by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (530)318-3586 to find out what we have available and how to sign up for this program.
- Hold our first annual Local Fashion Show and Auction of clothing and jewelry made and designed by local fashion designers, artists, and local boutiques that will be shown at our local fashion show and then auctioned off to raise money to support our local Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers. We are currently accepting applications from local fashion designers, artists, and local boutiques that would be willing to donate an outfit from there summer line to be shown at our fashion show and auctioned off to support our cause. Please contact us for more information.
- Hold our first annual concert with local performers and artists that will have a percentage of the proceeds go to our local Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers. We are also currently accepting applications from local performers and artists that would be willing to be a part of this event to help us raise money to support our cause. Please contact us for more information.
- Provide local grown organic McIntosh Apples, hand-picked and washed by Tahoe Dream Foundation's Board of Director's and members, to children and families in need in our community in the fall that have been so generously offered to us by a member of our community that was willing to give us the apples from their apple trees to be given out to children and families in need.
- Perform in the Lady of Guadalupe Aztec Lithurgical Dance Performance as a fundraiser to raise money for Our Lady Of Tahoe Catholic Church in Round Hill, Nevada which is held at Our Lady Of Tahoe Catholic Church in December.
- 20% of all sales from Everything Plus Store is also contributed to Tahoe Dream Foundation which is also given to the Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers for supplies, new equipment and learning materials.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Amie Burgundy Brown– Director
Eric James Brown– Director
Erandi M. Brenda Sanchez– Director
Amie Burgundy Brown– President
Eric James Brown– Vice President
Erandi M. Brenda Sanchez– Secretary
Tyson Hyatt– Treasurer