TAHOE DREAM FOUNDATION
To Make A Donation for our local Child Care Centers Funding Program for Academic Supplies, Materials, and New Equipment or for our Clothing, Shoes, School Supplies, and Household Items And Furnishings Program go to our Donate page on this website or Call Amie Brown at (530)307-9602 for more information.
TAHOE DREAM FOUNDATION
A non-profit organization in South Lake Tahoe, California that supports our local Child Care Centers by providing Academic Supplies, Materials, and New Equipment to the Child Care Centers signed up with our program and provides Clothing, Shoes, School Supplies, some Household Items, And some Furnishings to families and children in need in our community. Tahoe Dream Foundation was founded on March 2, 2012.
Donations are greatly appreciated and are accepted on our Donate page on this website or please call the Executive Director Amie Burgundy Brown at (530)307-9602 to make a cash donation, to donate any clothing, shoes, school supplies, or other items, to find out how to receive items from Tahoe Dream Foundation for those that need clothing, shoes, school supplies, household items, or furnishings, to find out more information about Tahoe Dream Foundation and our programs, to sign up for funding from Tahoe Dream Foundation, or to find out which Day Cares and Preschools are currently receiving help from Tahoe Dream Foundation.
We are currently receiving new requests from Child Care Centers to receive help from Tahoe Dream Foundation. To find out more about our programs or for general information please contact Amie Brown by e-mail at Tahoedreamfoundation@yahoo.com or by phone at (530)307-9602 or contact Brenda Sanchez (Habla Espanol) by phone at (530)318-3586 and for our Resource Development Director contact Sherrie Atkinson by phone at(775)315-8812.
2013 has been a great year. We have accomplished most of our goals for this year and have successfully continued our programs and added new programs as well. We have two Child Care Centers currently signed up with us to receive help getting supplies and materials, new learning materials, toys, books, art and craft supplies, and more and we are still accepting more sign ups from any local Child Care Centers that would like to be a part of our program.
Tahoe Dream Foundation’s Highlights and Programs For 2013
-Tahoe Dream Foundation has given numerous children and adults, clothing and shoes this year with our Clothing and Shoes Program.
-We have also supplied the Child Care Centers signed up with our Child Care Center Support Program with many items that they needed throughout the last year, such as art and craft materials, new toys, new books, new learning materials and much more.
-Tahoe Dream Foundation has given many families and individuals household items and furniture that were in need of these items.
-We have also given out school supplies and backpacks to children in need whose parents cannot afford to buy them the items they need for school.
-Also once again this year Tahoe Dream Foundation had a booth at Lakeview Commons during the summer live concert series to talk to people about our foundation and to sell handmade jewelry which contributes a percentage of all sales to our programs.
-Something new for us this year was helping put together and break down the Tahoe Treat Street at the Pine Cone Acre Hotel for their safe trick or treating event they have every Halloween. Tahoe Dream Foundation also put together a haunted area and a bounce house that we were in charge of for the event.
-Tahoe Dream Foundation’s Directors, for their second year, have performed an Aztec Dance with Catalina Rodriguez’s dancers at the Our Lady Of Tahoe Catholic Church as a fundraiser for the Our Lady Of Tahoe Catholic Church. The Church then uses the money for many programs that help fund education and projects in our community.
-The last project we did this year was putting together ornaments with children’s names on them from families that could not afford gifts this holiday season and we hung them on a tree inside of Tot To Tot where people could donate or buy gifts for a family on an ornament. We helped 35 children get gifts this holiday season.
Thank you all for your support!
Amie Burgundy Brown
Executive Director of Tahoe Dream Foundation
Tahoe Dream Foundation Programs
- Provide supplies, learning materials, and new equipment to our local Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers that have signed up for this program.
- Provide clothing and shoes to children and families in need in our community throughout the year that are in need and request these items or that have been referred by another agency. Each person or family will be allowed to request items needed once or twice a year depending on what we have available to be given out.
- Provide some household items and furnishings to families and children in need in our community when possible.
- Provide children in need with gifts for the holidays for families in need that cannot afford to get gifts for the holidays.
Tahoe Dream Foundation Fundraising Events For 2014
- Fundraising Sales that contribute 20% of all proceeds to Tahoe Dream Foundation
- 20% of all sales from Everything Plus Store is also contributed to Tahoe Dream Foundation which is also given to the Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers for supplies, new equipment and learning materials.
- Hold a benefit concert starring Scott Helmer to raise money for Tahoe Dream Foundation's causes on June 13, 2014.
- Provide local grown organic McIntosh Apples, hand-picked and washed by Tahoe Dream Foundation's Board of Director's and members, to children and families in need in our community in the fall that have been so generously offered to us by a member of our community that was willing to give us the apples from their apple trees to be given out to children and families in need.
- Perform in the Lady of Guadalupe Aztec Liturgical Dance Performance as a fundraiser to raise money for Our Lady Of Tahoe Catholic Church in Round Hill, Nevada which is held at Our Lady Of Tahoe Catholic Church in December.
Tahoe Dream Foundation Goals for 2014-2015
- Hold our first annual Local Fashion Show and Auction of clothing and jewelry made and designed by local fashion designers, artists, and local boutiques that will be shown at our local fashion show and then auctioned off to raise money to support our local Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers. We are currently accepting applications from local fashion designers, artists, and local boutiques that would be willing to donate an outfit from there summer line to be shown at our fashion show and auctioned off to support our cause. Please contact us for more information.
- Hold our first annual concert with local performers and artists that will have a percentage of the proceeds go to our local Child Care Centers, Day Cares, Preschools, After School Programs, and Infant Care Centers. We are also currently accepting applications from local performers and artists that would be willing to be a part of this event to help us raise money to support our cause. Please contact us for more information.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Amie Burgundy Brown– Executive Director
Eric James Brown– Director
Erandi M. Brenda Sanchez– Director
Sherrie Atkinson- Director
Amie Burgundy Brown– President
Eric James Brown– Vice President
Erandi M. Brenda Sanchez– Secretary
Megan O'Sullivan- Treasurer
Sherrie Atkinson- Resource Development